Doug Zabrocki is the owner of Pilates Center of Chicago, with his wife, Alicia. Doug was the owner of The Pilates Center of the Southwest in Scottsdale, Arizona, a Power Pilates Affiliate Training Center, from 2002-2007. Doug was previously a senior level Power Pilates Teacher Trainer, traveling nationally from 2002 – 2012.
This native of Minnesota has over 20 years of fitness/wellness instruction and experience. Working as a personal trainer and massage therapist in settings ranging from clinical hospital based programs to high end health clubs, Doug began to formulate his understanding of form, function, and appropriate exercise prescription. With a strong background in exercise physiology from the University of Minnesota, and a life long passion of martial arts, Pilates became a very logical and appropriate career direction. Doug’s hobbies include: playing harmonica, Tai Chi, comedic improvisation, hiking, and hanging out with their dog, Pepper.
Doug’s Professional Experience:
- Over 20 years of professional Pilates instruction experience
- Owner of Pilates Center of Chicago (2008-present)
- Licensed massage therapist (2015-present)
- PMA certified (2011-present)
- Power Pilates Teacher trainer (2002-2012)
- Cadaver dissection and posture analysis: Kinesis Movement Institute (2010-2015)
- Owner of Pilates Center of the Southwest (2002-2007)
- Romana Pilates certified (1997) under Juanita Lopez
- CPR certified
- Indo-Row certified (2011)
- Redcord certified (2010)