Mary Kawooya’s Pilates education began as a complement to her dance training. In 2008, Mary obtained full mat and equipment instructor certification with Power Pilates. Two years later, in 2010, Mary graduated with a B.A. from Columbia College in Dance Education. Currently, a Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) certified Pilates instructor, she continues to teach Classical Pilates throughout the Chicagoland area.
Mary’s academic and experiential knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology can be seen in her desire to share a safe, anatomical approach to fitness through Pilates. While Mary celebrates six years at the Pilates Center of Chicago, she is a committed team member who shares in the passion to empower individuals and promote an enhanced quality of life!
– Training in Classical Pilates
– Certified Power Pilates Instructor (2008)
– Specialty training in pre- and postnatal Pilates (2008)
– Specialty training in Pilates for injuries, and chronic pain (2008)
– Certified Postural Analysis through Kinesis Movement Institute (2012)
– Certified PMA Pilates Instructor (2013)
– Certified Cancer Exercise Specialist (2015)
– B.A in Dance Education, Columbia College Chicago (2010)
– Xtend Barre Teacher (2011-2013)
– Continuously CPR Certified